Welcome to today’s edition of the Daily Digest(ive) where I endeavour to bring together some of the more interesting goings on in the educational blogosphere to save you the hassle of trawling through it all. Please send me links that you think our colleagues will find of interest either by commenting on this post, emailing email@example.com or tweeting me @creativeedu
Here are today’s highlights:
- The Impact of Capital Cuts will be Felt Most Keenly by Learners
- Teacher Talks gives Three Cheers and a Hiss for Michael Gove
- Conor Ryan suggests People Want Minimum Standards Not Just Meaningless Milestones in response to the DFE’s Business Plan
- Mind the Gap looks at the rich poor divide on the day of the Closing the Gap Debate
- And Mike Baker takes a Look at the Cambridge Primary Review: One Year On
- Pupils to Face New Progression Measures
- A PGCE student shares her thoughts now that It’s Placement Time!
- Why Embrace Lesson Observations? A look at the surprising revelation that some teachers enjoy being observed.
- Ten Top Tips for Lesson Observations whether you’re being observed or doing the observing
- Letting Go and allowing students to take more responsibility for their own learning
- Helping Students Less – Why one teacher doesn’t like to help his students
- Bullying: Practical Strategies for Teachers and TAs
- Do Pupils Work Harder for Male Teachers?
- This interview explores What the Innovative School Looks Like
- For the Sake of Grades looks at whether the push for ever higher grades is preventing students from achieving them
- He Would Have Been My Student – Cancer Sucks!
- Rules of the First Grade – in case you’re in need of a smile!
If there is anything you’d like to see in tomorrow’s Daily Digest please send me a link either by commenting on this post, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tweeting me @creativeedu
Many thanks to the following who either wrote the blog posts above or pointed me in their direction:
@IRIS_Connect @TheHeadsOffice @schoolgoverning @whatedsaid @eshwaranv @CliveSir @shellterrell @nainisingh @JoanneC23 @Smichael920 @itsmotherswork @domnorrish