Many teachers struggle with the delivery of sex and relationship education. This course will offer clear guidance on delivery, improve teacher confidence, offer help in selecting materials and provide clarity around national guidelines. This course is suitable for PSHE co-ordinators, teachers, support staff and school nurses delivering sex and relationship education.
- Strategies to help all teachers focus on the ‘relationships’ aspect of SRE
- Developing teaching methods to focus on skills and values as well as knowledge
- Understanding of national guidance surrounding sex and relationship education
- Creating links with other areas of PSHE such as ‘risk’
- Effective ways of removing ‘barriers’ and dealing with sensitive and controversial issues