Designed to introduce middle and senior managers in primary, secondary and special schools to successful budget management, this course will concentrate on a practical approach to developing and managing budgets that are realistic and appropriate to organisational needs. Jargon free and practical, this course will not only consider the mathematical implications of budget management but also the impact that financial decisions have on the organisation and its staff.
- The budgeting calendar – what’s required and when
- Establishing a strong system of internal controls
- Effective budgeting – how to set a flexible and appropriate budget linked to your school development plan
- Dealing with common problems
- Best value, and how to turn it into a whole school ethos