The role of the designated safeguarding lead is vital in safeguarding children’s wellbeing and carries a lot of responsibility with it. The very latest legislation and guidance will be analysed, with practical advice in appropriate and sensitive implementation of all aspects of this key role.
This course will enable you to
- Understand your role as a delegated safeguarding lead
- Review key legislation and the relevant sections for schools
- identify what to include in your child protection policy
- Establish where to seek guidance and support
- Handle allegations and complaints