With so much recent emphasis on ‘student voice’ and ‘restorative justice‘, the use of peer courts as part of a school’s behaviour system is becoming more widespread and effective. Whether you are a school who is leading the way on student involvement or whether you are just setting out on this journey, this course will give excellent practical advice as well as the contextual justification for PCs.
- Explore the history of PCs within the area of restorative justice
- Learn from the early mistakes
- Identify how to put your peer court in context
- Establish student ownership
- Develop communication links with parents and staff