With almost 2/3 of lesbian, gay and bisexual students suffering from some form of bullying in school, the task of eliminating it can seem like an impossible dream. Yet some schools have done just that. This course shares the insights from these leading schools about how to create a zero tolerance policy that brings tangible results.
- Establish a ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy and what this means in practice
- Tackle homosexuality and homophobic bullying in lessons
- Determine how to deal with homophobic cyber-bullying
- Identify how to get students involved in anti-bullying initiatives
- Explore the powerful role that parents can play in preventing homophobic bullying
- Ascertain how to respond to incidents effectively and fairly
- Build a school culture that rejects all forms of bullying