The effective use of formative assessment has been highlighted in Ofsted reports on geography as an area requiring improvement. This course examines strategies for using AfL to ensure that while progress is maximised, students are engaged and motivated and involved in celebrating their own achievements. It is suitable for anyone involved in teaching geography.
- Using baseline data in KS3
- The positive impact of AfL in your geography department
- Embedding assessment into your schemes of work, lesson planning and marking
- Developing clear learning outcomes and setting effective targets
- Providing effective feedback to motivate and raise achievement
- The importance of peer assessment and self-assessment