The effective use of formative assessment is an area often cited in science as one requiring improvement. This course examines strategies for using AfL to ensure that while progress is maximised, students are engaged and motivated and involved in celebrating their own achievements. It is suitable for anyone involved in teaching science.
- Using baseline data in KS3
- The positive impact of AfL in your science department
- Embedding assessment into your schemes of work, lesson planning and marking
- Developing clear learning outcomes and setting effective targets
- Providing effective feedback to motivate and raise achievement
- The importance of peer assessment and self-assessment