There is no simple formula to great teaching, no one recipe every teacher can follow. Teachers must take the insights from research and their own practice to develop their own unique approach, constantly testing and improving it. This one-day course shows you how to effectively support staff in your school to take ideas, try them out and establish their effectiveness. In the process, you will enable your teachers to develop from good to great.
- Setting the foundations: Encouraging a no-blame professional culture that values and rewards risk-taking in developing new teaching ideas
- Demystifying evidence: Establish what we mean by ‘evidence’, where teachers can find it and how to support them in using it appropriately to explore new avenues of enquiry
- Establishing structures: Explore different approaches to creating communities of practice that develop, sustain, and share practitioner-led enquiry
- Making it happen: effectively facilitating groups of teachers to enable them to develop and explore their ideas, including addressing common issues and concerns
- Proving impact: Support teachers to develop clear and manageable methods to evaluate the success of their approach
- Sharing and celebrating: Identify different approaches to sharing the results of practitioner enquiry and using the impact to spark further discussions