This course explores the benefits of different styles of mentoring and their application, and will provide delegates with the skills, knowledge and resources needed to implement effective mentoring as soon as they return to school / college.
Being an Effective Mentor, Getting the Best out of Your Students
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to work effectively with students
- Mentoring styles overview – which strategy works best when?
- Communication skills – actively listening and responding appropriately
- Group mentoring skills – ensuring that every student’s voice is heard and addressed
- One to one mentoring skills – facilitating student reflection and goal setting
- Objective setting and monitoring – ensuring and celebrating success