Schools need to cultivate and nurture parents so that communication is powerful, positive and proactive. A good school-parent relationship can enrich the teaching and learning experience for all involved. This involvement in aspects of school life as diverse as homework and the governing body can make a real difference to students, and can help in the smooth running of the school and the continued learning of its students.
Developing a successful school-parent relationship
- Strategies for communicating with parents
- Involving and educating parents
- Making your school open and welcoming to parents
- Maintaining long-term parental ties
- The use of home/school contact books