Female genital mutilation, forced marriage and honour based violence affects both boys and girls in education, with over 25% of reported cases affecting children under 16. This course will explore the social and cultural contexts of these issues, how they affect children, and what schools can do to protect their students.
Female Genital Mutilation, Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence – Protecting Children in your School
Understand and gain knowledge around these issues and how to respond effectively
- Understand the context for these abuses and recognise factors which may indicate risk of harm
- Develop effective safeguarding practices by working with staff, children and external agencies
- Recognise when and how to protect vulnerable children
- Explore sensitive and appropriate learning resources for children
- Identify models of existing good practice in schools