In order to maximise your effectiveness as a non-specialist delivering the key stage 3 maths curriculum, this course will give an overview of the National Curriculum for maths at key stage 3 with particular attention being paid to common problem areas. In addition to ensuring your understanding of key mathematical concepts, the use of learning styles, thinking skills and motivational techniques will be considered in the context of creating successful schemes of work and lesson plans.
Key Stage 3 Maths for Non-Specialists
Feel comfortable and confident delivering highly engaging maths lessons
- National Curriculum for maths key stage 3
- Key concepts and common pitfalls
- Using learning styles and thinking skills
- Creating successful schemes of work and lesson plans
- Action plan for your return to school