All maintained primary schools in England are required to follow the National Curriculum, which includes Design and Technology as a compulsory subject at Key Stages 1 and 2. Design & Technology is about making things that function and have a purpose. It is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
Outstanding Learning in the Primary D&T Curriculum
Everything you need to become more effective and more confident teaching Design and Technology at KS1 and KS2
- Understand the context for the D&T PoS
- Understand the key messages of the National Curriculum for D&T
- Understand the principles of curriculum planning and the challenges facing the Primary D&T teacher, including assessment
- Develop project work and plan for the long, medium and short term
- Examine Health & Safety, risk assessment and the use of tools and equipment safely