With the right attitude from students and staff, the school library can be the jewel in a school’s crown, offering a centre for learning, enjoyment and excellence. This course is suitable for library staff, literacy coordinators or interested staff looking for practical strategies to encourage a positive approach from both staff and students towards reading and the school library.
Promoting Reading and the School Library
Practical strategies for encouraging enjoyment and excellence in reading and literacy
- The role of the school library
- Motivational and demotivational factors for young readers
- Practical strategies for promoting reading
- Effective ways of increasing the profile of the library amongst students and staff
- Common pitfalls and ways around them