The popularity of online and mobile technologies can be used positively in education, but staff and students need to be protected. Parents, carers and school staff have a responsibility to take an active interest and to ensure that safeguarding strategies are in place and implemented. This course will examine the potential safeguarding issues related to online and mobile technologies and explore possible solutions and means of implementing these in the primary classroom.
Staying Safe in the Primary Classroom
Ensure that all your students are risk aware and safe in the ever-changing online environment
- Develop more robust classroom structures to support online safeguarding, including e-safety and Acceptable Use Policy
- Understand the range of e-safety issues – from sexting to accessing inappropriate material
- Help pupils to recognise when they may be vulnerable online, and communicate key safety messages
- Increase awareness of the wider network for information, advise and for reporting abuse
- Provide more support and guidance for parents and carers