Regularly updated, this course will bring you up to speed with the latest government and exam board advice as well as ideas from serving teachers on how to tackle the new qualifications.
Teaching the English Language GCSE with Confidence
GCSE English language teaching and assessment under the current curriculum
- Creating an effective key stage 3 curriculum to meet the demands of GCSE
- Understanding the 1-9 grading model and getting to grips with AO’s
- Maintaining motivation through a linear GCSE course and preparing students for high stakes external assessment
- Improving writing through the effective teaching and embedding of spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Developing skills of comparison synthesis and critical evaluation of a range of texts