The “Year 8 Challenge” can be adapted to meet the needs of individual or groups of students or whole year groups. It can promote competition as well as collaboration and involves little effort on behalf of teachers other than to facilitate and guide students on a journey of discovery in which they do the work and are enabled to see the value of completing something worthwhile.
The “Year 8 Challenge”
- The problem as seen through the eyes of year 8 students and their teachers
- What is likely to stimulate and interest year 8 students?
- Issues of preparation for adult life (beyond the academic)
- Successful models of addressing the needs of year 8
- Practical tips for making year 8 as special as year 7
- Re-engaging and to motivating year 8 students
- Moulding students into citizens of the future