This course offers practical solutions to enable children, parents, primary and secondary schools to engage in the transition process and turn it into a positive and rewarding experience for all stakeholders. By the end of the course, participants will have a broader understanding of how to utilise effective transition and they will have formed the beginnings of a cross school transition policy.
Trauma-free Transition from Primary to Secondary Education
How to Provide the Support and Comfort Children Need as they Transition to 'Big School'
- The psychology of transition
- Transition in relation to individualised learning and ICT
- Where do we start? – Consulting stakeholders
- Creating consistency through a two year rolling programme
- Writing joint cross phase policies
- Case studies and continuous development