Here are some courses, resources and books which will be of interest to school and college mental health and wellbeing leads. If this isn’t you, please pass this information on.
- Upcoming webinar: Mental Health Leads: DfE funded training – Information & Ideas Sharing Session
- Webinar playback: New to the Role- Mental Health Lead
- Downloadable guide: How Mentally Healthy is Your School? – A Simple Audit
- Book: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook (by Pooky)
- Book: The Mental Health and Wellbeing Handbook for Schools: Transforming Mental Health Support on a Budget
- Book: The Designated Mental Health Lead Planner: A Guide (available to pre-order)
- On-demand course: Provide A Whole School Mental Health Offer in Primary School
- Webinar playback: Meeting the Mental Health Needs of Your School Community
- On-demand course: Meet the Mental Health Needs of Pupils with SEND
- School accreditation: School Mental Health Award from Leeds Beckett University
- Working paper series: Leeds Beckett Uni library of what’s working shared by schools
The DfE have committed to funding mental health lead training for a third of all state schools and colleges in England from September 2021. This will be on a first come first served basis.
We are currently developing our development programme for mental health leads which will be subject to approval by the DfE.
- Learn more and share ideas about the content and delivery of our programme at this webinar
- Join the waitlist to enrol on our development programme – sign up here
- Share your experience by becoming a coach on our programme – register your interest here (we will pay and train you!)
If you’re not eligible for funding, you’ll still be welcome to join the programme so feel free to register. We’ll keep the costs as low as possible for those who aren’t eligible and move as swiftly as we can in the autumn so that those who are eligible for funding are able to secure it before the pot runs out…