ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS CAN RECLAIM THE WHOLE COURSE COST FROM THE DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION
Senior Mental Health Lead Training
A new training programme, suitable for all phases, developed by Dr Pooky Knightsmith, Jess Parker and our experienced team
NOVEMBER 17TH 2021: FULL
JANUARY 2022: BOOKING NOW
About the Programme
The DfE have quality assured our programme and deemed it eligible for funding. This means that after you book with us and receive your invoice, you can reclaim the full cost of this from the DfE if you’re a state-funded school in England. Read here for further details on eligibility.
This development programme is aimed at existing or aspiring school and college mental health leads wishing to build on their knowledge, skills and confidence in the role.
The next group will commence in January 2022 and guided learning will happen over a period of two terms with continued access to Creative Education’s Mental Health network and best practice sharing.
The precise content of the course will evolve dependent on the needs of participants and will reflect and respond to rapidly changing circumstances.
The programme is suitable for all phases and all setting types. Care will be taken to ensure that you have the opportunity to learn from others with a similar setting type or geography as well as fostering collaboration and learning with colleagues you might not usually have the chance to learn from.
The cost of the programme is £800 + VAT, which for eligible schools can be fully reclaimed plus an additional £400 that you can use to give access to our mental health modules to all of your staff.
Frequently asked questions
The cost of the programme is £800 + VAT. Once you book, we will invoice your school for this amount.
Eligible schools and settings will be able to apply for a grant to cover the cost of the programme + an additional £400 that you can use to give access to our mental health modules to all of your staff. If you are not eligible for DfE funding but would like to participate you are very welcome to do so.
If you are not eligible for DfE funding but would like to participate you are very welcome to do so. There is a list of eligible schools and settings here.
What You Will Cover
- A baseline audit of your setting’s current mental health provision to identify key areas for development
- A personal skills and confidence audit to identify areas for personal growth and development
- Regular coaching circles led by an experienced mental health lead to support the development and implementation of personalised action plans whilst as well as sharing ideas across settings
- Access to an extensive library of on-demand courses designed to reflect the key learning outcomes outlined by the Department for Education. These fall within the following areas:
- Leadership and management
- Identifying need and monitoring impact of interventions
- Targeted support and appropriate referrals
- Staff development
- Creating an ethos and environment
- Enabling the Student Voice
- Working with parents, families and carers
- Curriculum, teaching and learning
- Support from your coach to identify a personalized learning path through the wide range of courses available to you
- Train the trainer support and resources to enable you to cascade key messages and lessons
- Ongoing access to Creative Education’s mental health network which will include regular topical webinars, Q&A sessions and ideas sharing sessions.
- Immediate full personal access to Creative Education’s extensive library of on-demand courses and webinar replays to support you in your role