Who It’s Suitable For
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we all have a part to play in keeping children safe. This essential course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to identify and report any safeguarding concerns about children of secondary school age.
What You’ll Learn…
- What the terms ‘safeguarding’ and ‘child protection’ mean.
- What your responsibilities are and how you can contribute to keeping children safe.
- What the four main types of abuse are and some of the signs that could indicate that a child may be suffering abuse.
- Why it is so important to be vigilant to signs of abuse at all times.
- How to respond to disclosures of abuse by children.
- How to confidently report any concerns about children to the relevant person.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain what the terms ‘safeguarding’ and ‘child protection’ mean.
- Identify signs that children may be suffering abuse.
- Respond to disclosures of abuse by children.
- Confidently report any concerns about children to the relevant person.
How Long Does It Take?
It will take you around 50 Minutes to complete the course and its assessment.