Who It’s Suitable For
This is course is designed for all school and college staff in the UK.
What You’ll Learn…
- What counts as ‘personal data’ and what do we mean by ‘processing’?
- What the key principles are of good data protection
- How we differentiate between standard and highly sensitive or ‘special category’ data
- When can we process personal data lawfully?
- When can we process special category data lawfully?
- When can we share data?
- How do we identify, report and prevent a data breach?
- Receiving and responding to an information rights request
How Long Does It Take?
It will take you around an hour to complete the course and its assessment.
To accompany this course we have created a presentation that you can use to deliver the content of the course in a face-to-face session. Accompanied by complete notes it has everything you need.
We’ve also created a downloadable poster on the subject of how to ‘Keep personal data safe in your organisation’. Print it out to share it with colleagues.