Leads will learn about:
- The benefits of a whole school or college approach, and the purpose and expectations of the senior mental health lead role.
- The factors important to lead strategic change to implement an effective whole school or college approach.
- The importance of working effectively with the senior leadership team, Governors, parents/carers and pupils, and with staff in mandatory roles such as SENCOs, Designated Safeguarding Leads, teachers and Virtual School Heads to deliver a whole school or college approach.
- Tow the senior lead role fits within the wider mental health system to be able to make best use of mental health support services across the NHS, their Local Authority and Voluntary and Community Sector partners.
- Existing best practice in schools and colleges, and the benefits of sharing practice and experiences to sustaining an effective whole school or college approach.
- The importance of collecting and assessing data to support implementation of a whole school or college approach.
(n.b. these are the DfE’s learning descriptors. Some of these are covered in the pathway. Some of these will be covered in live coaching sessions for this participating in our mental health leads training).
Please log in to view pre-requisite courses