The term conflict describes friction, distrust, or lack of empathy between individual team members or with a person you directly line manage. Conflict in itself may not be an entirely negative aspect as when dealt with properly it can result in increased understanding, cohesion and improved knowledge. However, when managed in the wrong way, real and legitimate differences between people can quickly spiral out of control. Participants will gain an understanding of the different types of conflict and how to resolve conflict in such a way that both parties benefit from the process. In addition, this course is designed to increase the participants’ confidence in delivering difficult messages.
Managing Conflict and Dealing with Difficult People
How to confidently deal with difficult behaviour by developing effective strategies and skills
- Establish and gain understanding of the causes of conflict
- Recognise the ‘Road to Breakdown’ – the different stages of conflict
- Use language to shift perspectives and build bridges
- Prepare and plan for difficult meetings – setting a positive tone
- Recognise and manage varying personality characteristics